Monday, July 03, 2006

Thankful

Okay I am back. I have had a break from posting for some time now. I have been catching up with some things. To some degree it has been a success there. I am still alot behind but I can only work on it.

Today I managed to get the day off. We were suppose to pull in a half day but that did not happen for me. Good thing though. My head is killing me. Has been since last night. But I have been busy working around the house. Last night I ran the weed eater and got beat to death with that adding the aggrevation to my shoulder. Well, as if that was not punishment enough I went on the cut some trees down off the fence line. Now today I feel pretty good. But of course this is all minor. The pain will subside one day and the work will please me for a little while.

My family did the 4th celebration on Saturday night. That was real interesting. My youngest decided that the curiousity got the best of her. We have a boo boo burn on our finger and palm of the hand. She decided her dad and I telling her not to touch things was not good enough she had to see why. I tell you she was accident prone this weekend. Of course the hand is fine. No pain there. She continues with everyday meanness. Then there was the incident of bumping the chin on the steps at nene's and pawpaw's house. They have steps going up on the porch and well my hard headed child decided to go for it without me right there. Good thing that baby is one tough cookie. I am not so sure I won't have a heart attack before she is 3 but I will try not to. Now nene and pawpaw on the other hand will have a fit, but look at me they raised me just fine minus the hard headedness. (I think that is where she gets that from.) Alyssa had a blast though. John was setting up the fireworks and she was right there questioning why he was setting them up and not waiting for it to get dark. Why was he not making them go boom? Why daddy? Why daddy? All in all he has not felt the lack of love coming from his girls. Tomorrow night we go down to his family's house. We are just minus a child.

Last week was interesting. I find out something new about JOhn every year. Well, this year I have found a sister in law that will graduate from high school next year. Now we have been contacted by his bio father's parents. That was really interesting. He has not heard from them for 7 or 8 years now. He has no relationship with his bio father. I mean NONE. No phone calls. No emails. No visits. NONE. I did my duty and sent some pictures to these grandparents after speaking with JOhn. This grandpa was really happy to hear that Lacey, my sis-in-law, found JOhn again. I am happy that it is coming back around that some more of JOhn's family is coming back into his life. I just wished that they lived closer. Lacey lives in Ohio and grandma and grandpa Colley live in North Carolina. His bio father is still living in Florida to our knowledge and we are not sure how many other brothers, sisters, half siblings, or step siblings there are out there. So now we just sit and wait. I feel that this is going to be a great year for us.

John is now pretty okay with his bio father's family contacting us. I am fine with it as well. John is now having a lot of things on his plate to do. He is starting to look for another job. He is working on having more time with me and the girls. (Which I am loving it sometimes.) So things this 4th of July are looking up. :)

To all you out there have a happy and safe holiday. Be careful of all the crazy people out there. And to all our military persons thank you for the freedom you are insuring. My family and I will keep you in our prayers. Without you we could not carry on our daily lives as we choose to do. God Bless you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home