Saturday, June 10, 2006

My daughter's 5th birthday.






Today marks the 5th birthday of my daughter. My goodness! Where has the time gone. She was just born when I married her dad. Now she is already 5. Growing up like a weed and smart as anything. Sometimes a royal smart ass but I am assuming that she gets that from her dad.


We spent today playing in her pool that I got her yesterday. My yard has somehow become a kids playyard. There is the pool that I have to take down and redo. Then a swingset, trampoline and a slip and slide back there. What kind of parent am I am becoming allowing my house to overrun with kid stuff. Oh there is also a hammock for me of course. But you know who spends alot of time in there when we are out there. That is just unreal.


I am by no means totally ready for the birthday party tomorrow. It is insanity to think that I could do parties. I am just not ready for this at all. Here is it 11:08PM and I feel as though I have accomplished nothing. I have been going all day long and managed to pick up some around the house and get the pool done and John mowed the yard. But I have gotten the beds stripped down and washed. Woo HOO. Now I am about to be off for some napping. I can nap for a little then I have to put a foot up the butt and get things done.

More pictures to come I am sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger dyzgoneby said...

All of you look so relaxed. I want a pool in our backyard too. Do you like it? I am seriously thinking of putting one in ours as well.

Like you, my house looks like a day camp inside and out. One of these days I am going to take it back.

Happy Birthday to your daughter. I want to see the pics of her party. Or are you still worn out from those cute adorable kids.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

The Big B...Thanks. Come on by anytime I will let you jump in.

Dyz.. Yeah we were really having a good time. I enjoyed it and the kids just love it. You will see more pictures I hope tonight. I was exhausted until my early early night last night of deep sleep. My that felt good.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home