Friday, July 28, 2006

Eventful Week...

Alright this is just my commenting on many things going on here for me. None of it meant bitchingly or any of other form other than to get it off my chest and hopefully to feel much better and less stressful about things going on.

Here this week I have still been the only clerical in the office. All had been going smoothly or so I thought. Then this week of hell hit. The boss throws a fit about one day my lunch not being covered for phone duty. What the hell? I am a babysitter now to make sure they are doing their jobs. No Way! That day I almost quit. Had I had another job I sure as hell would have just said the hell with it and walked out. Not the best way to handle his childish tantrum but enough is enough from him. I can not be everything to everyone and still function as I am. Then today my printer and computer are mucking up. Who knows what is going on there. My computer is freezing alot so I am trying to speed through this and my printer just won't print. I think it went on strike for a bit.

Yesterday I was talking to a girl that her fiance was over there with my hubby. She is having alot of the same issues that John and I have been fighting for some time now. Only difference is that I am by no way scared to stand strong on my post and stand up to him. These guys are easily angered over every day life and they can spill at any given moment over any little thing. (JOhn never was like this when I married him until he returned from Iraq.) Next came the shut in mode. By that I mean with the ones I live with they hermit up either in the bedrooms or in the house altogether. They don't care a thing about going out and seeing people and talking to people. It is like they are in their own little world. Then the forgetfulness they are experiencing now is just unreal. They can take the trash out of the container in the house but when it comes to finishing it totally out the door they can't seem to remember after putting the new bag in the container. (I get so mad about this one and thought it was just outright lazy. Now I am thinking again.) Today I heard from another girl whose husband was there as well. He has the same things going on. NOne of them will in any way communicate with any of us. Which is not a good thing. My husband has a buddy that has gotten him out of this phase. They go out and about and do things and if nothing else just talk. (Thanks Greg, YOu don't have any idea what you have done for him.) The other two don't talk to anyone including any of the guys they were with over there. One of them will be sent back to that hell hole soon. His poor wife is so scared of what another year will do to him. He has commented to her that he can do 6 months but not another year.

The things I have found on line have scared the hell out of me enough to worry. What can one do? I have spoken to John many times on the changes that he experienced when he came back. I am not sure he knew exactly how bad they were until I commented last night that Greg might have just saved our marriage and had no idea. So now John is going to try to talk to these kids that were with him and see if he can pass on the help to them. They just need to know that they have someone to lean on for support and obviously it can not be the lover/wife/ fiance/ friend who was not there. I already know that the only thing that I can do is let these girls know that any time they need me day or night to talk/listen or whatever they have my number. They know it is always on if they need me.

My kids are doing well. We are getting ready for school with one of them. Alyssa's mom is doing real well at keeping me informed of what is going on there with the schools and things with her. So far so good but I don't expect this to stay as it is right now. I am sure there will be something that we will butt heads on. Jessica is ready to head back to the regular babysitter on Monday. She has been staying with my best friend who has a daughter that is 3 weeks younger than Jessica. I think that they have become tired of each other and really quick like.

Well, this is all for me today. I am hoping that this will post without any problems.
And Dayz I will get the tag posted soon. Hopefully tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home